Asahi2 League Forums

League Communication and Information
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm 
Draft Master

DUKE PRESS CREDENTIALS RESTORED BY COURT ORDER

(BALTIMORE) -- In a Maryland Circuit Court decision, longtime sports reporter for the Baltimore Sun Raoul Duke has had his press credentials restored after more than two seasons. The credentials had been denied by then club owner Tom Harrison Sr. in the wake of Duke’s highly-publicized drunk and disorderly conduct arrest in November of 2039.

In a press conference two days following the arrest Harrison announced that Duke’s press credentials had been revoked indefinitely on the grounds that Duke had a “personal and long-running involvement in the illegal drug scene."

“We have obtained reliable information to this effect” Harrison told the press.

Harrison was barely able to conceal his rage during his brief statement.

“I really don’t have much comment but I will say that this guy is just another beat writer as far as the organization is concerned. He just shows up with his pumped-up bimbos, sits in the weed section, gets ripped on Boog’s free booze and then he goes wherever the hell he goes and rips us apart in his raving editorials. I think the guy has serious problems and I sincerely hope he gets the professional help that he needs. But he has more than worn out his welcome around here, that’s for damn sure”, Harrison said.

For his part, Duke has steadfastly denied the allegations.

"Deny it? Hell, I don't even know what information you're talking about. I'm just, well, if you really want to get technical, er, coffee's a drug, but, uh, no, I'd be foolish to sit here and say I know nothing about drugs…but these allegations are baseless and unwarranted” Duke told the Sun.

“Everybody knows that those guys in the front office are Nazi bastards – they operate by their own strange codes and customs, almost certainly outside the parameters of the U.S Constitution. Personally, I think they have FBI connections; surely the FBI has somehow gotten involved in this thing” he said.

Oscar Acosta, counsel for Duke, successfully argued that the Orioles had no legal grounds to deny Mr. Duke’s access to Memorial Stadium because all of the club’s allegations amounted to no more than hearsay and unsubstantiated rumor.

“This has been a textbook example of prior restraint. The Baltimore organization has deprived my client the right to income for two entire seasons…I fully intend to pursue appropriate recompensatory damages along with punitive damages in this case. This isn’t finished by any means” Acosta said.

New Orioles owner Tom Harrison Jr. has been relatively low-key on the subject.

“He took a lot of potshots at my father over the years and I never really cared too much for him. But if he’s good enough for the Sun, I guess he is good enough to cover this bullshit team”, he stated.

Bo Creel

Raoul
Baltimore Orioles 2015-present
2051-2323, .469
2029, 2034 AL East Champs
'29 AL Champion
2016, 2026, 2030 Wild Card

http://youtu.be/V-6RYPRlqZk
http://youtu.be/rpS-XFXxJvE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:47 pm 
Membership Management Director(Axeman) and Commissioner

:lol: