Asahi2 League Forums

League Communication and Information
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 94  Next
 Post subject: Commish Updates
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 am 
League Founder

This is the first update of the new year and, in an attempt to streamline how to get information out to everyone in a timely manner, I have decided to start this thread. The commissioner will be the only poster here and it will only contain updates and urgent information regarding the league. All members of the league are required to subscribe to this thread by clicking "Subscribe Topic" at the upper left. This will ensure that you receive an email notification each time I post an update.

For the most part, most of you need no motivation when it comes to checking the forums for new information. However, I'd like to have a system where I don't have to write the information in more than one place, in addition to sending out bulk email that occasionally does not get delivered due to spam filters.

Hopefully, the end result here is an update here in this thread will reach ALL league members.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Last edited by fidel on Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:44 am 
League Founder

Congratulations to all those who made the playoffs. The real biggie here is that ALL teams MUST adjust their active rosters down to 25. Please remember that we cannot sim ahead with ANY team, playoff team or not, that has an "illegal number of players" at this point. Any team that has an illegal number of players when the playoffs start early Saturday morning will have the AI setup their entire organization, possibly placing players on waivers or DFA that might not make anyone happy.

Thanks again for your cooperation!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:00 am 
League Founder

Some quick information before we get rolling with the off-season. If you wish to export before the off-season, please do so before January 28th at 11:59pm. After this, I will not import teams until after Free Agency is over. Also, pending trades will be processed during free agency.

Also, there is a new calendar up on the main site that covers the 1983 season.

That's it! Good luck to all in 1983!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:07 am 
League Founder

That time of the season again. Let us know if you'll be back in this thread: http://asahi2.montoyahome.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4708

Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:10 am 
League Founder

Spring Training 1983 is here! Be sure to get any claims for fan interest in before Spring Training ends. Also, remember that leftover player free agent can be offered contracts in-game but coaches and scouts must be signed via the boards in the appropriate forum. Congratulations to all of the playoff teams and hats of to the Brewers for a well deserved World Series win. You all have probably seen your pennants and trophy by now. :)

By the way, you may want to see the following thread and have your voice heard: http://asahi2.montoyahome.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4814

Best of luck to everyone in 1983!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:04 am 
League Founder

I have rarely done this but I had the time. I've uploaded a new league file that has the first 2 rounds of the draft completed. This should help everyone should they decide to send a list for the remaining rounds. Please do not export. I will not import teams until just before the next sim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:25 am 
League Founder

The 1983 draft is done. Trades have been processed. In the future, when trading draft picks beyond the 2nd round, PLEASE post in the draft order thread. Otherwise I have to trade away your acquired pick from the traded round, since I process trades after the draft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 am 
League Founder

Please head to: http://asahi2.montoyahome.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4857

and have your voice heard on the subject. If there's anything about the proposal that you don't like, then vote "NO". If you like the whole proposal, vote "YES". If you think that the proposal needs to be adjusted at all, vote "NO" and bring your opinion to the table.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 am 
League Founder

The trade deadline is upon us. Make sure your trades gets in before the deadline which is Friday at 11:59pm Eastern time. Trades posted and/or confirmed after the deadline will not be allowed. In past seasons, I allowed any trades that were posted/confirmed as long as they got in before I ran the deadline sim. While there have never been any complaints, I think we should keep consistency with regard to the trade deadline and treat it as the deadline that it is.

Best of luck to all of you in the second half of the season!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:49 am 
League Founder

September is here! If you plan to expand your roster, please remember that you MUST get your roster back down to 25 before the post season begins. Every season we have teams that seem to expand their rosters and, since not being a playoff team, neglect to send players back to the minors before the payoffs. So be sure to export after the final game of the season. If your team has more than 25 players on its active roster, I will simply hit the "Ask A.I. to setup entire organization" button.

Thanks and good luck down the stretch!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:50 am 
League Founder

Just a BIG reminder that you need to get your active rosters down to 25 (REGARDLESS of whether not your team plays in the post season) before Tuesday's Division Series sim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:03 am 
League Founder

A new calendar is up reflecting our sim and event schedule for 1984. Also noted is the day the draft pool is published so be sure to send your scouts!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:32 am 
League Founder

The 1984 off season is about to begin. Free Agent coaches, scouts and doctors will be available for bidding at 10:00am Thursday EDT. If your bid is time stamped earlier than that, it will be removed.

Free Agent players will be available on Saturday morning at 10:00am EDT. Same time stamp rule applies.

If you are unfamiliar with our bidding system, please see rules: http://asahi2.montoyahome.com/index.php ... &Itemid=15

Please remember that during the entire off-season, no exports will be taken. Once Free Agency is completely over and you have downloaded the league file with all free agents assigned to their new teams, you may export.

Thanks and have fun in Free Agency everybody!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:12 am 
League Founder

Spring Training 1984 is here! Be sure to get any claims for fan interest in before Spring Training ends. Also, remember that leftover player free agent can be offered contracts in-game but coaches and scouts must be signed via the boards in the appropriate forum. Congratulations to all of the playoff teams in 1983.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:20 am 
League Founder

Well, the off-season is now complete. Be sure to get your rosters down to 25 or you risk having the A.I. run on your entire organization. Also, the 1984 draft pool has been published. Make sure you send your scouts to scout the draft pool. We also have 2 openings in the league. Before I post on the OOTP boards, it'd be great if you could refer someone you know to our league.

That's all! Thanks and have a great 1984!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1400 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 94  Next